We are currently not accepting applications.
Thank you for considering joining Caregiver Connection, Portland's top choice for independent caregivers since 1998. Though we're not currently accepting applications, please complete and submit the Recruitment Contact Form below and we'll contact you as soon as we begin our next open enrollment period!
- Please complete the Recruitment Registration Form below so that we may contact you during our next Recruitment period; our Recruiter will not respond to any other emails.
- No phone calls are accepted about recruitment.
- We appreciate you following our recruitment process!
Please note: registration is not application.
We are not accepting applications now,
but your registration will allow us to contact you
during our next Recruitment period.
Register to be contacted by a Recruiter during our next Recruitment period!
Until we contact you during an upcoming open enrollment, here's some information about us!
How does Caregiver Connection retain the best caregivers in the Portland, Oregon metro area?
- Higher-end compensation (as determined between client and caregiver), generally ranging from $18-22+/hour or $350-450+ per 24-hour shift, paid directly by the client
- Saves you time and effort: we help to locate potential clients for you
- Autonomy: details, including compensation, are determined between YOU and your CLIENT
- Flexible hours: 2 to 24-hour shifts available
We would love to see your application only if you have the following qualifications...
- Completion of nursing assistant training or other verifiable medical background with an emphasis on bedside care OR
- 3 years of private-duty professional "medical" care giving of seniors in home or assisted living environments (may not include informal care of family members; may not be just companion level)
....and can say "YES" to the following:
- Are available at least 3 shifts per week, including a Saturday or Sunday each month, at the time of applying
- Are confident about passing a national criminal background check, driving record, references and drug test
- Are willing to purchase liability insurance ($70 per year), which is transferable to your other private jobs
- Are willing to take ongoing education (3-6 hours annually) at your own expense
- Maintain a strict non-smoking environment
- Have your own car, cell phone and e-mail
- Understand that our registry does not provide worker's compensation or benefits
- Plan on being active with our registry for at least a year (note: this does not restrict you from seeking other work)
- Understand that we make every effort to generate referrals for you, but cannot guarantee them