Apply with Caregiver Connection
Welcome! Thank you for considering joining Caregiver Connection, Portland's #1 Caregiver Registry since 1998. We help match you to clients who are looking for independent skilled, experienced caregivers throughout the Portland OR area, including Multnomah, Clackamas and Washington counties and beyond, including Vancouver WA. Caregivers work 1:1 with seniors in their homes. Many of our elder clients have medical conditions or are on hospice, and thus we give preference to those with nursing assistant or equivalent backgrounds.
Why do we retain the best caregivers around?
Higher-end compensation (as determined between client and caregiver), generally ranging from $18-$25+/hour or $350-450+ per 24-hour shift, paid directly by the client
- Saves you time and effort: we help to locate potential clients for you
- Autonomy: details, including compensation, are determined between YOU and your CLIENT
- Flexible hours: 2 to 24-hour shifts available
We would love to see your application only if you have the following qualifications:
Completion of nursing assistant training or other verifiable caregiver background with an emphasis on bedside care
- OR 3 years of private-duty professional "medical" care giving of seniors in home or assisted living environments (may not include informal care of family members; may not be just companion level)
....and can say "YES" to the following:
- Have recent work-related references for care giving (within the last 5 years)
- Are available at least 3 shifts per week, including a Saturday or Sunday each month, at the time of applying
- Are confident about passing a national criminal background check, driving record, references and drug test
- Are willing to purchase liability insurance ($70 per year), which is transferable to your other private jobs
- Are willing to take ongoing education (3-6 hours annually) at your own expense
- Maintain a strict non-smoking environment
- Have your own car, cell phone and e-mail
- Understand that our registry does not provide worker's compensation or benefits
- Plan on being active with our registry for at least a year (note: this does not restrict you from seeking other work)
- ...that we make every effort to generate referrals for you, but cannot guarantee them
Thank you for your interest!
We review your application and after initial acknowledgement of receipt of the application we will only contact those applicants whose skills meet our needs. PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.