Apply with Caregiver Connection
Welcome! Thank you for considering joining Caregiver Connection, Portland's #1 Caregiver Registry since 1998. We help match you to clients who are looking for independent skilled, experienced caregivers throughout the Portland, Oregon metro area, including Multnomah, Clackamas and Washington counties and Vancouver, Washington. Our Caregivers work one-on-one with seniors in their homes. Many of our elder clients have medical conditions or are on hospice, and thus we give preference to those with nursing assistant or equivalent backgrounds.
Why do we retain the best caregivers around?
Earnings: Our caregivers earn higher-end compensation--determined between client and caregiver--generally ranging from $18-$25+ per hour or $350-450+ per 24-hour shift, paid directly to you by the client
Time and effort: we help to locate potential clients for you
Autonomy: details, including compensation, are determined between you and your client
Flexible hours: 2-hour to 24-hour shifts available
We would love to see your application only if you have the following qualifications:
Completion of nursing assistant training or other verifiable caregiver background with an emphasis on bedside care
- OR 3 years of private-duty professional "medical" care giving of seniors in home or assisted living environments; this may not include informal care of family members, and must be more than companion level care.
....and can say "YES" to the following:
- I have recent work-related references for care giving within the last 5 years
- I am available at least 3 shifts per week, including a Saturday or Sunday each month, at the time of applying
- I am confident about passing a national criminal background check, driving record, references and drug test
- I am willing to purchase liability insurance ($70 per year), which will be transferable to my other private jobs
- I am willing to take ongoing education (3-6 hours annually) at my own expense
- I am willing to maintain a strict non-smoking environment
- I have my own car, cell phone and e-mail
- I understand that Caregiver Connection does not provide worker's compensation or benefits
- I plan on being active with the Caregiver Connection registry for at least a year, but understand that this does not restrict me from seeking other work
- I understand that Caregiver Connection will make every effort to generate referrals for me, but cannot guarantee work
- I understand it's my responsibility to represent myself in all hiring negotiations
Thank you for your interest!
We will acknowledge receipt of your application; after that we will only contact you if your skills meet our needs.